So I'm now in the Gold Coast of Eastern Australia. I'm staying with a high school friend of Eric's in Palm Beach. This is an amazing little stretch of coast. Somewhat crowded but still supper laid back and friendly. Coming from wet/cold/rainy/metropolitan Auckland we landed in paradise. The water is already 70f/20c in the Aussie winter which is as warm as it gets back home. The surf hasn't been great but it is still great to surf warm water with no crowd on an almost empty stretch of beach. Eric’s group of friends we have been hanging out with are very warm hearted. Every one of them seems to kill it on the guitar or misc musical instrument, a few of them are in a really kick ass band called Rogerthat. We’ve been spending a lot of time with those guys recently surfing and checking out the Goldy; hopefully I can pick up how to play guitar while down here.
I’ve finally linked up with Guy and Kirsten from Patagonia in Burleigh Heads. An incredibly sweet couple with an adorable little girl named Layla. I plan on working for them for a while I stay in Palm Beach/ Burleigh for a few months. I think it will work out as a win/win situation.
Right now our main focus is trying to find a reliable car to take us to the Dane tree/ Cairns. Something that will last at least a year that isn't going to break the bank. Hopefully lasting long enough to make it out to WA as well... no good new pics to post yet, hopefully I'll be up on the Great Barrier in a couple weeks, I’m sure I'll get a few there....
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment